Back to home
Mobile Advertising Trends 2011
Mobile Barcode Trend Report
Mobile Marketer's Mobile Outlook 2011
Mobile Marketer's Classic Guide to Mobile Advertising 2011
Mobile Commerce Daily's Classic Guide to Mobile Commerce
Scanbuy released the inaugural Mobile Barcode Trend Report. This report examines the quickly growing space of mobile barcodes to provide a deeper understanding of overall trends, location of engagements, user demographics, and more.
The report shows rapid growth in mobile barcode scanning in recent months and reflects an accelerated adoption of smartphone technology. Some of the key stats highlighted in the report include:
- Barcode scanning through the ScanLife Platform is up 700% from the start of 2010
- Starting in July, there are more scans in a single month than all of 2009 combined
- Users are scanning both 1D and 2D barcode formats equally showing that people are less concerned with code format, and more interested in getting information quickly
- People are scanning a wide variety of product UPC codes, not only from the consumer electronics category
- Users are diverse from all age groups which shows a broad range of interest
Mobile barcode scanning consists of any mobile activated barcode symbology. That could include the traditional UPC or EAN barcode which is found on virtually every package, or the newer 2D or two-dimensional formats including QR Code, Datamatrix, and EZcode.
The full report can be downloaded from here